As a senior executive, John has more than 25 years of extensive experience in reorganization,
operational transformation, capital raising, buy side advisory and merger integration. He provides guidance to financially and operationally challenged entities.
His expertise encompasses a wide range of industries, including automotive OEMs, original
equipment and aftermarket suppliers, mining, specialty paper manufacturers, integrated metal
manufacturers, aerospace suppliers, engineering and construction, metals, equipment leasing,
logistics, distribution, transportation, retail, among others.
Throughout his career, John has served in excess of 150 companies, functioning for many as chief restructuring officer and the lead fiduciary. Served as the President of Glass & Associates, having sold the firm to Huron in 2007.
John has extensive experience servicing debtors with complex capital structures and also advises creditors in these situations. Throughout his crisis management career, John has raised multiple billions of replacement and exit financings.
Representative examples of John’s engagement experience include:
• Chief Restructuring Officer to Revstone Industries, SPARA, Metavation, Greenwood Forging, US Tool, and Revstone Transportation Group, a group of industrial businesses whose annual revenues totaled approximately $1.0 billion. Led these groups of companies through a hostile Chapter 11, providing significant expert testimony in Delaware, throughout the case and the sale of 12 operating companies, both in court and out of court. Reached a consensual resolution among the significant constituents including the PBGC and highly adversarial creditors.
• Chief Restructuring Officer to Allen System Group, a $300 M, a highly leveraged provider of enterprise software and cloud solutions. Led a team of professionals through an operational turnaround.
• President and Chief Restructuring Officer of NUMMI, a $3.0 B automotive assembler of vehicles, originally jointly own by GM, and Toyota, led a team that wound down operations. Work closely with the NUMMI management team to close, sell a 5.4 M square foot manufacturing site, and significant equipment bundles to TESLA Motors. Managed the satisfaction of employee, environmental, and product related obligations.
• Led restructuring engagement of Avon Automotive, IAC, Contech Castings, Hussey Copper, INTERMET, Autocam, Bush Leasing, General Car and Truck Leasing, among many others companies
• Chief Restructuring Officer of Railworks, a $750 M provider of integrated rail system construction and services. Directed the financial and operational restructuring, negotiated bifurcated DIP credit and surety arrangements. The Plan of Reorganization was confirmed with 12 months of the case being filed.
• Advised the buyers of Venture Industries (formerly Cadence Innovation) in its successful bid to purchase the company in a 363(b) auction. Provided due diligence services and transitional support as well as transactional advice on the buyer’s complicated syndicated credit bid.
• Restructuring advisor to Dick Corporation, a $1.5 B contractor. Advised company on strategic and restructuring alternatives. Successfully negotiated a refinancing of the company’s existing debt while managing liquidity constraints to keep the company outside of the bankruptcy process reorganization and provided litigation support on PBGC litigation.
• As financial advisor to Dura Automotive Systems, a $2 B Tier I automotive supplier, prepared company for its October 2006 bankruptcy filing
• Deep understanding of coal mining operations due to western Pennsylvania roots, employed in the financial consulting sector serving surface and deep coal mining companies in Somerset PA, Kentucky, and steel related operations coal operations