CLEVELAND, March 27, 2018 – Resilience Capital Partners today announced that it has been named Private Equity Firm of the Year at the 12th Annual Turnaround Awards. The awards, sponsored by M&A Advisor and presented in conjunction with the 2018 Distressed Investing Summit in Palm Beach, Florida, honor the leading distressed M&A transactions, restructuring, refinancing, products and services, firms and professionals. (1)
“We are honored at having been named Private Equity Firm of the Year at the Annual Turnaround Awards, the gold standard for excellence in recognition for transforming companies,” said Bassem A. Mansour, co-CEO of Resilience Capital Partners. “We are committed to partnering with companies, investing in them and working with their management to enhance operations, strategy and finance and set them on a course for sustainable growth. This honor affirms for us that we are taking the right approach – for our investors, our portfolio companies and their employees, vendors and customers.”
The Turnaround Awards Private Equity Firm of the Year award is the latest in a series of honors for Resilience Capital Partners, which recently was named one of the Top 50 Middle Market Private Equity Firms for the second year in a row by Bauer Rock Media Group and Grady Campbell Inc.
In addition, Healthcare Business News ranked Resilience Capital Partners’ purchase of Bayer’s Multi Vendor Service business as one of the top five acquisitions of 2017.
“The recent series of honors Resilience Capital Partners has received reflect an overnight success 17 years in the making,” said Steven H. Rosen, the firm’s co-CEO, who co-founded it with Mansour in 2001. “From the start, we have followed a simple plan: Make strategic investments in companies, and then partner with management and employees to make operational improvements that transform the business to bring out the very best, and position it for long-term growth. Through the years, we have achieved a consistent level of success that has made us the partner of choice for middle-market companies looking to transform themselves.”
The honors Resilience Capital Partners has received reflect a dynamic 2017, during which the firm completed one of its most active years ever, acquiring or establishing controlling investments in six companies, including three new platforms, with investments in businesses that have substantial operations on three continents.
All of Resilience’s investments during 2017 were funded through Resilience Fund IV, a $350 million fund. The companies in which Resilience invested during 2017 included:
- Lux Global Label (https://luxgloballabel.com), one of the world’s foremost producers of high-quality labeling and packaging solutions; Lux Global was formed from the acquisition of certain assets of National Label
- Ohio Basic Minerals (https://www.ohiobasic.com), a provider of industrial gravel and silica sand products, primarily for environmental and industrial end markets
- Innovatus Imaging (https://www.innovatusimaging.com), formed through the acquisition of Bayer’s Multi Vendor Service to create a provider of third-party medical device services
- Wetsco, a third-party ultrasound probe repair provider with numerous proprietary repair techniques and an add-on acquisition that will be part of Innovatus Imaging
- MD MedTech, a designer and manufacturer of specialty ultrasound products for the OEM, third-party repair and research markets and an add-on acquisition that will be part of Innovatus Imaging
- Leycol Printers (https://www.leycol.com), a provider of high-end offset and lithographic printing services to the financial and commercial print market; as an add-on acquisition, Leycol merged with the U.K. operations of Resilience portfolio company Diversified Global Graphics Group (https://dg3.com)
About Resilience Capital Partners
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Resilience invests in niche-oriented manufacturing, value-added distribution and business service companies with sustainable market positions and a clear path to cash flow improvement. Resilience targets platform businesses with $25 million to $250 million in revenues across a broad range of industries where it can improve a company’s operations, competitive positioning and profitability. Resilience manages approximately $600 million for its global investor base that includes pension funds, insurance companies, foundations and endowments, funds of funds and family offices. For more information, please visit www.resiliencecapital.com.
The Hubbell Group, Inc.
# # #
(1) An application fee applies to all nominations for the M&A Advisor Awards.